Monday, January 23, 2012

Blogspot is Being Stupid

(I apologize for the really far scrolling. I don't know how to fix it. Blogspot is stupid.)

Hello!!!!!

Hello?!

...hello?

Ahem. Is anyone still reading this thing...?

It's been 2 weeks. That's a long time. In the past two weeks, I've been to the other side
of the country and back, and on two separate road trips and four different climate zones.
 I've run 14 miles...but not all at once.

I'm semi-exhausted. Leaning on the verge of psychosis.

I always ask this (but I genuinely care)...how are you, Dear Reader?

Right now I'm in a million moods.

I move back to California in less than 48 hours.

I have a half marathon on Sunday.

I need to find a new physical activity after I'm done running.

On that constant search for an agent to represent me.

I have BOOKS to read and write.

Gah. Frustration.

I had this really long topic that I wanted to discuss, dealing with my lack
of religion and belief and how I think that it might change one day, but I just
didn't want to rant on about that.

So we're gonna leave this post short.

Florida was fantastic. Despite having to go with my brother who's a total
non-Disney-freak (we're polar opposites), we had a fairly good time. It's
got me eager to go back home to California though, strangely enough.

I haven't gotten much farther on my book, but I've managed to read a few.

THE FAULT IN OUR STARS by John Green is absolutely fantastic. If you
read it, you'll know why I sat down and read this sucker in one night
while I was on vacation and cried my eyes out. Beautiful.

BEAUTY QUEENS by Libba Bray. Technically I started this in July, but
 after a long hiatus, I finally finished. Hilarious as fuck and involves a
 lot of girl power (which we all know I absolutely adore in a book).

DISTANT WAVES by...I forgot and am too lazy to go look. I haven't quite
finished this one yet. It's merely meh, but still enjoyable nonetheless.
It deals with the Titanic which is a big plus in a book (my two "favorite"
historic events are the Holocaust and the Titanic. I'm a Holocaust Studies
minor...only because they don't have a Titanic Studies at my school). It's
got a lot of the supernatural and stuff so it's a bit weird.

I've found a few agents that I need to get off my lazy ass and send queries
to. I'll probably wind up doing that tomorrow.

Also, on Sunday, I'm running a marathon. OK, half of a marathon but
still. I'm über nervous about it because my asthma has decided to
become a super bitch the last few weeks. Also, I'm only doing this
 to prove to myself, and people from my past who doubted me, that I
can do it. I absolutely hate running. People keep telling me I'll be addicted
once I'm done with this race and start running a lot of halves and full
marathons...somehow, though, I doubt this. Running is just not my
forte. But I will be on the hunt for a new form of physical activity.
Perhaps tennis, or something else like yoga. I just need to stay fit
without having to run. Haha.

And once that is over, I also have to be on the hunt for a new job.
I kind of have a job now, but it's just not working that well. As in, I get
no hours. I'll figure it out.

Yeah, so it's 11:30 PM, so I really should be going now.

I'll be back soon...probably when I'm in California once more.

--Chelsea

No comments:

Post a Comment