Sunday, January 1, 2012

My Not New Years Resolutions...Resolutions

Hey people, guess what?




I'm exhausted.

Let me note that it's not even 1AM this time. No. It's 3:06PM. Like, midday.

Yup. Exhausted.

Gee, I feel like I haven't talked to you guys since...LAST YEAR.

Shameless puns aside, it has been a little while since I've actually talked to you guys (rather than using that wonderful copy and paste button thingy from my other blog type thing).

So, uhm, happy New Year.

I hope yours was as wonderful as mine was. Honestly. This is the first time I've actually gone out and partied til midnight (and later because, good California [although not in California at the moment] girl that I am went to In-n-Out at 1:00AM when the par-tay was over). And, so unlike me, I had fun at that party dammit.

Yes, I was sober.

Yes I still had a ton of fun. Deal.

I don't have any New Years Resolutions per se (the last one I had and kept was to lose weight in 7th grade...goodbye 50 pounds). However, I have some New Years "goals". Not the same thing.

-I want to see the world this year. Hopefully this fall I will be doing a special study abroad program where I go to 14-15 different countries in 5 months. I also have plans to go to Florida (next week, actually), back to California (which I'll be exploring more this semester), and then possibly going to back to the east coast for different events. If that's not exciting I don't know what will be.

-Get better grades which is a given. I really did terribly this semester.

-I want to start living life without regrets. Simple as pie. I'm going to take risks this year. And for those of you who know my boy debacle situation...I'm planning on taking a big risk on that at some point soonish.

So yeah.

There's also that whole thing about making a difference. But that's my forever dreams.

However, I'm starting to become closer to this through my writing. [OMG guys, get excited. This writing blog is actually going to consist of writing information.]

Just a few days ago, I submitted a query of my last book to an agent whom I've really admired for a long time. I mean, he's married to my all-time favorite writer (who isn't JK Rowling) and is the agent for one of my favorite series (that isn't Harry Potter). So really. He covers the same types of books that I write. Crossing my fingers that this turns good. But I'm not going to stop here. Goal for this week is to find more agents and submit to them as well.

I want 2012 to be the year that I get published. I mean, we gotta do this while I'm still young, right?!

A lot happened last year. I had to grow up a lot in a very short amount of time. From college, to moving out on my own, to my job, to taking trips where I'm the responsible adult, to having to lose my father, and so much more. I'm ready to kick ass in 2012.

How about you?

No comments:

Post a Comment