Friday, February 18, 2011

A Picture is Worth...85,200 words?

So I have bad news. And good news.

I seriously messed up my back at work last night, doing heavy lifting. I was in such pain that I had to call out sick to work today.

But the good news is that I got to do some writing. Actually, a lot. My book now stands at 231 pages; this morning it started out at 219. When I started this blog it was at about 205.

Current word count is 85,200 (exactly). I'm nearing the ending of the book...but of course I have to go back and write some parts in the middle.

I'm trying to get my first draft completely finished by Spring Break...a mere three weeks from now. And because I think I'm getting so close, I've started looking for a temporary coverart. So here's what I found today:

This is my first choice. Very simple, elegant.

I love this one. Unfortunately, it has no connection to my story.

Choice three...a little dull but I love the flowing skirt.

Have you noticed a pattern here?

Period piece.

Oil painting...both a yes, and a no.

Royale.
 Of course, all of these are just on a temporary basis. Something that I'll use for my drafts that my friends will read and/or edit for me (I have such wonderful friends). But when it's officially published, I'm hoping that something similar can be created. So...anonymous reader...do you have an opinion?

I'm off to do more writing.

--Margaret

No comments:

Post a Comment