Monday, March 14, 2011

Speechless

On September 27th, 2007...I sat in a Cracker Barrel and saw a shooting star out the window. Instantly, the writer inside of me saw inspiration in that moment.

1,263 days passed.
180 weeks flew by.
109,123,200 seconds disappeared.

And last night, 3 years, 5 months, and 14 days later...that inspiration was completed in the form of a book. To some, that might seem like a long time...but for about half of that time, this story laid absolutely untouched. Today is the "official" start of Spring Break. Technically, I made my deadline.

It is finished.

I'm kind of speechless of what to say about it. It grew into much more than I had ever expected it to be. And while I'm still missing some very large chunks, all of which should be in my possession this week, I know that my life blood and soul has finally churned out something...good.

So what do I do now?

1. Wait. I have to wait until my flash drive information finally comes back to me. Hopefully its today.
2. Put it all together. Two copies of one thing must be consolidated.
3. In the meantime, I might as well do my Engliish essay that I've been putting off. It's only due in a few days and all....
4. Give it to one of my best friends. She's my editor and has this amazing vision of the way some things should be written. I want her to be my publisher. Which brings me to...
5. Research literary agents. There's one based in California that I think is a perfect fit. But 2 failed publishing attempts have taught me to do my research and find the right agent. And submit to many.

But for now, I'm going to sleep. I've pretty much gone without for the past 4 or 5 days. So for now, I bid you adieu. I will return though.

6. Start my new book.

--Jane

No comments:

Post a Comment