Monday, September 5, 2011

So There's This Thing.

So, it's Labor Day.

Considering the majority of the students in my school have parents within a 70 mile radius, it's pretty quiet around here right now.

Well, except that one girl outside who won't stop shouting.

But other than that, most people are gone for BBQ-ing and such.

Not me. Nope. I've been sitting in my dorm room all day: First I talked on the phone for 2 hours, then I Twittered and Facebooked, then I pulled out the books I need to read, then I changed my sheets, then I Twittered and Facebooked, then I put the pillowcases on my nekkid pillows, then I started reading one of my books, Twitter, Facebook, more reading, deep sighing, pulled up my French homework and proceeded to bang my head on the desk at my lack of rememberance of the French language. Ugh. Then more Twitter and Facebook.

And now here I am.

Somewhere in one of those Facebook sprees, I pulled up my friend Hope's blog. Hope is a wonderful person I know from high school and she's currently living 5 miles away from me because she's working at Disneyland for the College Program. It's pretty awesome. And so is her blog.

But anyway, she was nominated for this thing called "Versatile Blog Award". Basically, everyone who's nominated must write 7 factoids about themselves and then link you, the reader, to 5 more blogs.

Apparently, it's a thing.

So I've been nominated from the lovely Hope. You all probably either know a lot of crap about me, or nothing, or just random tidbits.

Let's learn some more shall we?

1) I'm really terrible at writing facts about myself in a numbered and non-roundabout fashion. So this is gonna be fun.

2) My Senior prom cost me $25. $15 for the dress (clearance) and $10 for food (Chinese take-out). That's cuz I'm awesome and I won a contest where I got $100 for David's Bridal which my sister and I used for accessories and also got my tickets for free. It was pretty awesome.

3) As I write this I'm on Skype video chatting with one of my friends from home. It's pretty awesome.

4) I have a lot of friends who have just recently been married or engaged or are about to be married or engaged. Part of yearning for boyfriends and marriage and such, but the other part is scared shitless of marriage. I'm afraid that I'll never meet "Mr. Right", yet at the same time I'm frightened that if/when I do, I'll completely change myself for marriage. Oh, also, I'm currently in "like" with someone who I half think likes me back, half think wouldn't look at me twice. I'll probably do a whole post about this at some point.

5) My dream used to be an actress. I'm so glad that it isn't anymore. I love writing more than I could have ever realized.

6) My music tastes vary widely. Right now, I'm listening to my Gaga/Rihanna playlist. Earlier I had Benny Goodman playing. I think it adds a certain quirk to me.

7) I'm a genuinely funny person once you get to know me. The thing is, I'm so frightened to meet new people that most they usually don't see that side of me for quite some time.

Now, to tag my other bloggers.

1. Tulips to Kiss You With

2. All That is Holly

3. Musings of a Closet Writer

.... Hope is the only other blogger I follow that releases content and I already linked you to her.

So y'all. That's the thing.

--Chelsea

1 comment:

  1. Dang. I read this when I'm about to start my homework, but now I have no other choice but to procrastinate more; darn...

    ReplyDelete